Deadline: 31 January 2024
Participating students will research one of three science-related prompts and prepare a virtual presentation for an expert panel of INL judges in February 2024.
- With funding provided by Battelle Energy Alliance, INL expects to award a total of $25,000 in scholarships to winners and runners-up.
Bright Future in Energy Scholarship Prompts
- What role does nuclear energy play in helping the world achieve a future with net-zero greenhouse gas emissions? How do the benefits and risks of nuclear energy compare with other existing energy technologies?
- How do they develop a truly sustainable recycling method that is economically feasible, environmentally responsible and socially justifiable? What role can such a program play in helping the world achieve a future with net-zero greenhouse gas emissions?
- Consider your nearest major city. What are the cybersecurity concerns associated with operating this city’s government, energy and transportation infrastructure? How can these concerns be communicated in a way that creates greater cybersecurity awareness in schools, communities and industry?
- You must be a high school junior or senior and a U.S. citizen.
- Your live presentation will be in February.
- You will have 10-15 minutes to present your topic live to a panel of INL experts and 10-15 minutes for a Q&A session live in February. Your full presentation and Q&A session will be 20-30 min. long. It will be recorded.
- Please upload your slides using PDF or PowerPoint format. You only need to upload the PDF or PowerPoint version of your slides and do not need to upload yourself presenting them. You will only present them during your live presentation.
- You will be using Zoom and screen sharing your slides during your presentation in February. A calendar invite and link will be sent to you. Make sure to download and test Zoom, including video and microphone before your live presentation.
For more information, visit Idaho National Laboratory.