Deadline: 30 November 2023
The grant award is aimed at recognizing, promoting and rewarding scholorty contributions to knowledge and enhancing habitat restoration; natural and environmental resource management; development and enhancement of livelihoods; mitigation and building resilience to climate change impacts as well as addressing loss of biodiversity for the benefit of nature, humans and the Earth.
The Annual Chief S.L Edu Memorial PhD Research Grant is sponsored by Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) to build capacity and promote quality research in biological, natural and social sciences, law (environmental laws/protection) and allied fields for the promotion of sustainable natural and environmental resource management in Nigeria.
- This year’s theme focusses on: ‘Loss of biodiversity, climate crisis and sustainable development’.
- Candidates must be Nigerian citizens.
- Candidates must have M.Sc Degree or its equivalent in Biological Sciences, Social Sciences or Low (Environmental Law/Protection) but related to natural and environmental resource management.
- Candidates must have secured admission into a Nigerian University towards a Ph.D degree.
- Candidates will be selected based on (among others) the quality of their research proposals and the following requirements
- Candidates’ research proposals must be in line with the theme and must be tailored to the achievement of NCF’s vision and mission statements.
- A progress report on letterheads) from the applicant’s Project Supervisor(s) stating how for he/she has gone in his/ her research work and his/her role in the initial review, as well as the relevance to the objectives of the grant, is a very essential condition for considering any application.
- 200-word justification in line with the theme and with relevance to biodiversity conservation, natural and environmental resource management issues.
- A 3,000-word project proposal to be submitted should contain the Title, Introduction/Statement of Problem, Objectives, Methodology and Expected Outputs etc.
- Curriculum vitae (not more than 2 pages detailing research and work experience),
- Scanned copy of admission letter.
For more information, visit NCF.